At Christeyns we take your privacy seriously and are committed to the protection of any and all data submitted through our website in line with the GDPR regulations. If any information you require is not detailed please contact us via email@example.com, we will be happy to assist.
Who do we collect personal data from?
- Our clients, suppliers, business contacts and potential clients (or from our contact persons at the latter)
- Our client’s employees, customers and suppliers
- Our employees and job applicants
- The visitors to our website and social media
What information do we collect?
- We collect identification data and contact data like name and surname, address, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc., that will be stored if submitted through our forms.
- Pictures and audio-visual recordings: pictures, video’s on our website and social media, etc.
- Data relating to the delivery of our products and services and prospecting thereto: offers, invoices, payment details, delivered products and services, contracts, etc.
- Data related to the function and employment: job title, career, remuneration, benefits, education, diploma’s, certificates and permits, specific professional qualifications, etc.
- Marketing data and data regarding the use of our website and social media: marketing preferences, opt-in and opt-out requests, participation to Christeyns events, posts on social media applications we utilise (Facebook, Instagram, blogs, forums, etc.), browser type, language preference, IP-address, etc.
- Data relating to complaints and requests specifically expressed by the data subject and the handling thereof.
- Registration: on some parts of the site we ask you to register, and if you do we may ask for your name, email address, geographical address and other information, which may also be stored.
- Our products, services and website are not designed or intended for children. We therefore do not actively nor intentionally collect and store, except possibly that of our employees or in the framework of specific services provided to certain clients, the personal data of children.
- We always ask your permission to retain this data and at your request we can remove you from our marketing database.
How do we collect personal data?
- From the data subject him-/herself
- From the data subject’s employer (e.g. when our client or supplier is a company and the data subject is appointed by this company as the contact person, when we have to process the personal data within the context of our service to the data subject’s employer)
- From our clients, about their customers, suppliers and other data subjects whose personal data they collect
- Via the use of our website, social media and other tools
- Publicly available information
How will we use the information about you?
Except in situations where we process personal data based on consent, we may process personal data for the following purposes and based on the following legal grounds (this is not an exhaustive overview):
- Delivery of products or services to our (potential) clients
- Fulfilling our legal obligations, as an employer and in the scope of our professional activities
- Administrative and financial processing, based on our legitimate interests and legal obligations
- Personnel administration and employee recruitment
- Direct marketing like advertising messages, newsletters, invitations to commercial events and surveys to receive feedback for research purposes
- To manage and improve our website, for which we refer to our cookies policy
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to others.
Some of our databases are hosted by third parties but we agree with those third parties that they will keep your information secure and not use it for other purposes.
All personal information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology before being sent over the Internet.
How long do we store personal data?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
- As long as we are legally obliged to store the personal data
- In case of a judicial contention, administrative or arbitral proceeding, until a definite decision is given in the context of this proceeding, unless we are legally required to store the personal data for a longer period
- In all other cases for a reasonable and proportionate period
How do we protect your personal data?
- Raising awareness regarding the treatment of personal data amongst our employees and other persons working for us and, from time to time, implementing adjustments (by way of inspections and periodic training)
- Restricting access to personal data (both at organisational and IT-technical level)
- Protecting personal data (by way of appropriate IT-technical measures taking into account the state of the art and the related costs and risks of processing, such as encryption, anti-virus software, firewalls, transfer via secure connections, etc.)
- Ensuring the correctness of the data
- Ensuring confidential treatment of the personal data
- Remedying, preventing and tracing data leaks (being accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, provision of or access to personal data that has been transferred, stored or otherwise processed), to the extent possible
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Christeyns Head office, Afrikalaan 182, 9000 Gent, Belgium
We want to make sure your information is accurate and up to date, you may ask us to correct, restrict or remove information you think is inaccurate, you may withdraw your previously given consent.
Copyright and Trade Marks
All materials on this web site are the copyright of Christeyns or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. No materials may be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without the prior written permission of Christeyns.
Christeyns makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on this web site for any purpose. All such information is provided “as is” and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement.
Christeyns makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by this web site will be uninterrupted, error-free or that the web site or the server that hosts the web site are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event shall Christeyns, its employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of this web site.
This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written licence or subscription agreement from Christeyns in respect of the use of any online service provided via this web site
Links to other web sites are provided by Christeyns in good faith and for information only. Christeyns disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any web site linked to this site.
Portions of this site may allow users to post their own material. Materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of Christeyns. By posting materials on this site, you represent that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
Christeyns reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by users which Christeyns deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Christeyns expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this web site.
Google Analytics and Tracking Data
We use Google analytics to understand website visitor activity, so your visit will be tracked anonymously.
We also use Google’s AdWords network including for remarketing purposes which means visitors will be tracked via cookies stored on their machine. This is a common practice and cookies will not have any effect on your operating system, they merely enable the personalisation of either future visits or advertising for a brief time period following your visit to our website.
When you visit other websites, you may see Christeyns display adverts, this is a result of this third party tracking information. Again, you remain completely anonymous to us, Google simply identify cookies to then advertise accordingly to that individual.
You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. You can also clear your cookies regularly within your own browser settings if preferred.
We are also encouraged by Google to point users to Google Analytics’ currently available optouts for the web. This enables users to opt-out of all tracking cookies.
Review of this policy
We will review this policy in the light of comments we receive so please check the latest version. If you have any questions specifically about privacy please contact us at email@example.com