Location: Based principally at our Rutland Street site, in Bradford. However, travelling between manufacturing sites and customer sites throughout the UK and Ireland will be a requirement.
The main purpose of the role is to hold responsibility for Health, Safety and Environment for Christeyns UK Ltd. The HSE Manager will be responsible for maintaining, auditing and reviewing the environmental and health & safety systems of the Company in order to retain registration to ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation. The HSE manager will also act as management's & employees’ representative for all environmental and health & safety matters whilst adhering to The Christeyns Way.
- To review the environmental and health & safety systems of the Company and provide recommendations for improvement.
- To create and implement new policies and procedures as required by the health & safety / environmental system.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and issue of all controlled documents as defined in the environmental & H&S manual.
- To ensure all personnel are familiar with the Company environmental and health & safety policies including the induction of new employees.
- To assess training requirements and ensure all personnel are adequately trained in environmental and health & safety matters.
- To ensure that safety awareness is maintained by refresher training where appropriate.
- To ensure compliance to the Company environmental and health & safety policies.
- Ensure appropriate knowledge of any new and existing health, safety & environmental legislation.
- Highlight gaps in compliance of health, safety and environmental legislation and notify the appropriate persons. Advise on the implications of new, as well as existing, legislation and ensure compliance.
- Established HSE background.
- Experience in a production or operations environment.
- Familiar with COSHH regulations.
- IOSH Certified.
- Auditor trained.
- HSE experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- NEBOSH Diploma and/or an MSc in a Health & Safety discipline, or equivalently qualified by experience.
- The ability to work with and involve others in individual projects/tasks.
- Displays passion and strives to be an active team member.
- Demonstrate a positive approach towards change.
- Highly organised, able to multi-task, and a good time manager. With the ability to prioritise and achieve deadlines
- An excellent communicator, with coaching and motivating skills
- A credible role model for colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Proactive and attempts to anticipate problems before they arise, with ability to use own initiative.
If you feel you have the skills required for this position you should apply in writing to email@example.com, or alternativly, your application should be delivered to the HR department.
Christeyns UK LTD Rutland Street, Bradford. West Yorkshire. BD4 7EA
Deadline for applications: Monday 12th October 2020
Apply nowApply now